Harbours & Coasts
In areas such as coastlines, harbours and deltas various natural phenomena occur, including waves, tides, storm surge, tsunami and harbour oscillations. Despite this diversity all are accurately measured by the WaveGuide, without interfering with harbour traffic.
It has been and will be important to warn for flood risk due to storm surge, especially as a result of the rise in sea levels. Additionally, it is of great importance for coastal defense and harbours to monitor actual stress levels on dikes, dunes and break waters, not only to determine construction requirements but also to monitor changes in wave climate.
Also, real-time measurements are useful for safe vessel guidance and (un)loading of ships.
Accurate real-time wave and tide data are used:
- to reduce downtime in harbours
- for safe vessel guidance and safe (un)loading of ships
- to monitor actual stress levels on dikes, dunes and break waters
- to warn for flood risk
Our customers in Harbours and Coasts include:
- Dutch Directorate-General for Public Works and Water Management (Rijkswaterstaat)
- Port Authority of Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Vlissingen
- The Flemish Government (via Fabricom)
- Port of Zeebrugge, Nieuwpoort and Oostende (via Fabricom)
- Harbour of Henderson Australia