A significant advantage of the WaveGuide Onboard is the continuous availability of wave data, especially at night, in rough seas and under heavy weather conditions with limited visibility.
The WaveGuide Onboard measures the waves as they are encountered by the ship itself. This data is ideally used to determine the operational limitations of the vessel in harsh conditions. Therefore, a vessel in transit can adjust its speed and course to avoid critical headings.
Accurate real-time wave data on the ship allow for:
- support to identify critical or safe heading and speed
- wave info during ship’s response test for newly built vessels
- passenger comfort
- monitoring the actual wave load on vessel to determine lifetime
- FPSO’s for safe supply while anchored
- support for safe helicopter transfer
Our customers in Shipping include:
- Solitaire, Audacia and Pioneering Spirit – All Seas
- Rigoletto – CMA CGM
- Aegir – Heerema
- Metocean South Korea
- Dutch ship research institute – Marin